Birth Your Book
I love the fact that you have a book in you and want to birth it and release it into the world, to change lives, to impact women’s and girls’ lives – the next generations – in a BIG way.
I specialise in books where YOUR story features heavily – your life, your learnings, your teachings, in particular as they relate to your business and why you are doing what you are doing. So these are mainly self-development books and memoirs.
9 months to birth your book
In my world, the book-birthing process is in three phases:
- The first phase is the birth of the writer within. Get to know yourself in a way you have probably never done before, via your cycle (or the cycle of the moon if you don’t menstruate for whatever reason), your creativity cycle (both/all trackable via the cycle chart I provide you with), EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques, aka ‘tapping’), IEMT (Integral Eye Movement Therapy) and SMA (Sacred Money Archetypes®) and birth your true self and your true ideas. You may have a concept in mind for your book but you need help in deciding exactly what you will write about and how, and we will remove as many of your blocks (writing, money or otherwise) as we can, so that you are ready to start writing within 6 sessions (or before!).
- The second phase is the birth of your first draft. You can now decide on the structure of your book, write the outline of the book then the outline of each chapter, come up with an approximate writing schedule and actually write the whole of your first draft (7 sessions).
- The third phase is the birth of your book. This is when the editing, proofreading, designing and formatting of the book takes place, some or all of which you can do yourself, or you can get help with (and I can recommend editors, proofreaders, designers and formatters), culminating in your book launch (7 sessions).
The Birth Your Book programme
- Twenty fortnightly 60-minute sessions over 9 months.
- Sacred Money Archetypes® reading in our first session, so I can help you as much as I can, depending on your top 3 archetypes (see here).
- EFT, IEMT, NLP and other techniques used and (sometimes) taught so you can use them by yourself (definitely EFT).
- In the second and third phases, each session focuses on the issue(s) you are facing that day or week, and I can help in any way you need and I deem beneficial – emotional support, editorial support, ideas support, structural editing support, practical support, etc.
- Email or Messenger support 4 days a week for quick questions, encouragement and cheerleading.
‘Before working with Saveria, although I had started the writing process, it felt heavy and uncomfortable. I wasn’t enjoying writing and I was avoiding working on my book despite knowing it was what I wanted and was being called to do. Saveria helped me to recognise what was holding me back from writing and then enabled me to free myself from those blocks using EFT and other techniques.
I would say that the fears and anxieties that I held have been completely eradicated over the 12-week period. I no longer worry about what others’ opinions of my writing might be and I feel free to express what I want to say in the way that feels true to me.
Saveria has also helped me to structure my book and break down the chapters into clear and manageable chunks, making the writing process feel light and enjoyable.’
Anna’s book, The Mindful Breastfeeding Book, came out in January 2020.
How to book
- If you are interested in this 9-month programme, please book a 20-minute FREE consultation (which will take place via Zoom) and we can establish if we’re a good fit and whether what you have in mind for your book is suitable for the work that I normally do.
- If you book a Discovery Session (book here) and then go on to book the Birth Your Book programme, the fee of your Discovery Session will be taken off the price of the programme.
- If you pay in full upfront for your 1:1 programme, you get free access to my Wise Women Writing Womb membership, an intimate circle of women writers, for the duration of your 1:1 programme.
Editing, proofreading and formatting in KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing)
Editing and proofreading
When you feel that your manuscript is ready for editing (you may have edited it yourself but it will still need professional editing), you can send it to one of my lovely colleagues I recommend or find your own editor.
The cost for this will completely depend on your writing experience, your book’s word count (how long it is), the subject of your book and whether you want their copyediting and proofreading or just one of these editorial services.
Designing and formatting
I can also put you in touch with a book designer and formatter. This is for the Kindle version or the paperback version, or both (but note that the formatting for each is a different process, so you will need to discuss your requirements with her).