Pregnancy, Birth and Motherhood Mentor
Having had no practical or emotional support (apart from my husband’s, thankfully) in early motherhood, I am passionate about helping you plan or/and thrive through this period of your life as best you can and helping to celebrate it, so that you feel supported, nourished, nurtured and cared for. I am also committed to helping women solve their own issues before they become mothers, so that they don’t pass these on to their children.
I specialise in anxiety and stress issues because I know these issues very intimately (having suffered from them myself at one point or another of my life) and in helping women rise from traumatic experiences (including PTSD and birth trauma).
I love seeing women recover so quickly from issues that had felt so deep and irremediable, far too often for years or even decades.
The techniques I use are safe and offer quick, effective and long-term resolution of any kind of trauma.
As a teenager and young woman, it took me years to find ‘me’.
Then early motherhood broke and remoulded that ‘me’ and I had to redefine her.
It is not an easy path and I could have done with a Motherhood Mentor.
Over the past few years, deepening my knowledge of hypnosis and EFT in particular, I have come to realise that the ‘training’ for motherhood should start in pregnancy. Not that motherhood can be taught as such, but tools can be learned in order to navigate the ups and downs of motherhood much more easily and gracefully than we do when we haven’t learned these tools.
I know, I speak from experience.
And so as well as helping mothers to free themselves from anxiety, stress, trauma and any kind of blocks they are experiencing in their life, job, business or creative endeavours, and to Feel The Freedom, I teach women who are expecting their first baby/ies how to prepare really well for the rest of their pregnancy and for labour, birth and motherhood. In fact, I teach their partners/husbands too, if they are willing. Because it takes two to tango lightly and gracefully around these times, which can be really exciting but also quite trying.
Using the tools I give them, these women and men empower themselves by keeping using these tools beyond our sessions, knowing that they can safely keep learning about themselves and keep uncovering aspects of their personality or/and their lives that would potentially keep them away from their authentic selves otherwise and therefore from the authentic way of parenting they desire.
I am here to help you achieve the pregnancy, birth and life you want and deserve.
A life of serenity and freedom.
I am not a therapist – I don’t cure people.
I am not a healer – I don’t heal people.
I help people heal themselves, using the following tools and techniques:
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)
- NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
- IEMT (Integral Eye Movement Therapy)
- essential oils
I facilitate processes whereby you access what you already know but perhaps haven’t accepted or understood.
I lead processes whereby you come up with your own solutions.
I have used these processes myself to heal from my past difficulties and to find out what I really wanted in life.
I have used these processes to help hundreds of clients come to a place of serenity, freedom and happiness (whether in pregnancy, around birth, in motherhood or in womanhood in general), and I gave them the tools so that they could carry on the work by themselves, with my support if needed.
Overall, my mission is to help women enjoy a serene pregnancy, birth and motherhood so that their children can enjoy a serene childhood and adulthood, using these same tools with their children.
Ultimately, I empower whole families to live a better life and feel the freedom.
On another level, I am passionate about the mother-daughter relationship (and I myself have two daughters who were born in 2008 and 2012) and removing silly or serious blocks that not only ruin your life but also perhaps your daughter’s, and I love preparing young girls for womanhood, especially when it comes to their relationship with food, their body, their creativity, their inner self and their friends, but also for life in general and their place in the world. Of course, as with everything else I do, this involves giving you and your daughter(s) tools that will help you stop stress and anxiety dead in their tracks and perhaps develop your creativity if this is relevant to you or/and her.
I also hold monthly Mother and Daughter Circles in Wallingford, Oxfordshire.
Short bio and training
I qualified as a birth doula (professional birth companion) and postnatal doula (mum’s help) in 2011 (I trained with Michel Odent and Liliana Lammers on their Paramana Doula course) and as a HypnoBirthing™ practitioner (the Marie Mongan Method) in 2012. In 2014, I became a HypnoMothering™ practitioner, an IEMT practitioner (Integral Eye Movement Therapy) and finally a Professional and Clinical Hypnotherapist and an EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) and NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming™) practitioner. In 2015, I retrained as a hypnobirthing instructor with The Wise Hippo Ltd. In 2018, I designed and started using my own hypnobirthing and EFT Serene Birth course.
As part of my continuing professional development (CPD) and my own personal development, I read a wide variety of books and articles and I regularly attend seminars, workshops, lectures and courses, whether online or face to face.
- Rebozo Online Course with Sophie Messager (2018)
- The Food Revolution Summit (2018)
- Holy Fire Reiki I and II with Sophie Messager (2017)
- The Wise Hippo FUSS Free Format (2017)
- Sheila Granger’s Hypnosis for Hormones Programme (2017)
- The Doreen Virtue Certified Crystal Reader course (2017)
- The Sheila Granger Brain Training for Sugar Addiction Programme (2016)
- Closing the Bones (Ecuadorian abdominal massage, ceremony), with Sophie Messager (2016)
- The Mindfulness Summit (2015)
- The Sheila Granger Virtual Gastric Band Programme (2015)
- The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme and Prenatal Parenting Programme (2015)
- Hypnosis for IVF – Learn the Essentials (with the Fertile Body Method) (2015)
- Mindfulness meditation 8-week course (2014)
- The Tongue Tie Workshop – What, Why and How?, with Maddie McMahon (2014)
- The Rebozo Workshop – Wrapped in Love, with Stacia Smales Hill (2013)
- Oxytocin – Tapping the hormone of calm, love and healing, with Kerstin Uvnäs Moberg (2013)
- The Marie Mongan Method HypnoBirthing Practitioner Course (2012)
- Inspirational Birth Workshop, with Liz Nightingale (2011)
- Birth and postnatal doula training with Michel Odent and Liliana Lammers on their Paramana Doula course (2011)
My hypnotherapy and NLP training was with Thoughtitude. The courses are run by June O’Driscoll and Geoff Rolls, who are valuable members of the trainer assisting teams for Richard Bandler (co-creator of NLP) and for Paul McKenna.
My Diploma in Professional and Clinical Hypnotherapy is validated by the General Hypnotherapy Register and the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (this means you can find my details on the GHR website and thus verify my qualifications) and I am licensed with the Society of NLP (founded by Richard Bandler). I am thus bound by the GHR and NLP Codes of Ethics.
I am fully insured with Arthur J. Gallagher/Royal & Sun Alliance for all the therapies I provide.
A bit more about me…
- I am French and have been living in the UK for over 20 years, in the Oxfordshire area for 14. My mother tongue is therefore French, but I speak English completely fluently.
- I also speak good Italian but my Spanish is a bit rusty 🙂
- In another life, I was an editor and proofreader for British educational publishing companies (mainly humanities and languages).
- I love reading, going to the cinema and theatre, photography, walking and cycling.
- I am a keen hatha yoga and Pilates practitioner, an assiduous meditator, and I believe I bring my experiences in these fields into my interactions with clients – a kind, caring, attentive, mindful, stress-free, intuitive attitude to life and people.